Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hey, that was fun!

Okay, I'm hooked. It was so fun reading long-lost friend's comments that I think I might actually start leaving comments on various blogs that I stalk. Maybe. It's reminded me of what amazing friends I have made through the years. Sometimes I wish we could all live on the same street, put the kids down and play Bohnanza or Bang! until 2am every morning.

This entry is more an explanation of the game plan since I'm hoping my blog will be uniquely mine and not my kids. I'm really doing this as a way of journaling my life. If I ever figure out how to do things on this other than type than I'll post a great quote from President Hinckley that talks about the importance of keeping a memoir for posterity. I do believe in that I'm just not good at it. In fact, my mission journal still has me home-sick and lonely in my greenie area. Maybe I ought to update that and let it know that I've been home for over 10 years!

My plan is to write entries that will translate into chapters for a book to be printed out each year. (Don't you just love technology -- I can even make it look like I scrapbook!). I'm trying to decide if that means the titles will always be one of four different topics (that would make it easy to peep . . . just skip the topic you don't like) or if I'll just put one of those four topics as a label so I can come up with terribly clever titles. Regardless, I don't think this blog is going to be interesting all the time. Maybe just half the time. So stalk on, good friends, and know that I have great hopes and ambition for this baby and won't be offended if you skip the posts on Anne's Musings.

ps - I just got my real Mother's Day present in the mail today so expect GREAT pictures tomorrow (or sometime soon after!).

7 comments:

Derrick said...

Ah, the comment--what every blogger works for. :)

Marci said...

I just LOVE that you finally have a blog. And ... YES YES YES to the Bohnanza / Bang staying up until 2am thought. Even with a newborn, I'd do it if you were here. :)

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

I do miss game nights at the Steenblik's! I also love a good comment from a dear friend so feel free anytime:) Although just knowing your out there may be enough...no I prefer comments! I look forward to seeing some pictures...Morgan to me looks like Brock more all the time, especially now that his hair is getting curly in back.

Oliver & Margy said...

Wow... you are an ambitious blogger! Can't wait to hear about things in CA. And PLEASE let us know if you're ever going to come visit NY.

Mindy said...

I do love Bohnanza and Bang but haven't you guys found a new game to teach us all? Keep the posts coming, I love peeking into my friends' thoughts and feelings!

*katie said...

I expect good, good things from you Ann!

Brandon said...

Have you found a good way to turn blog posts and into a printed book (other than just copying and pasting)? I like the blog idea, but I can't imagine it will always be available online, forever. A hardcopy would be nice.